This is a summary of what the founder of Heb12 considers sound Christian beliefs. These are the foundations of Christianity, and other things are considered secondary compared to these. Teachings that contradict these things will not be allowed into any of our services.
- The Trinity is an important teaching in the Bible. The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit are all separate (and very real) Persons, but one God.
- Jesus sacrificed Himself for our sins. There is nothing we can do to earn it, and all it takes is faith in Him to be saved.
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
- After three days in the tomb, Jesus resurrected from the dead by God the Father, and appeared to many people proving it.
- Jesus ascended into heaven on front of the disciples and is now sitting at the right hand of the Father.
- Creation was commenced in six normal days, and the Flood was worldwide according to the Bible.
For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
- Suffering is not caused by lack of faith, but it is for strengthening and building up our faith even more. I.e Word of Faith